The Sporting Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from Delaware

2 posters

Go down

Back from Delaware Empty Re: Back from Delaware

Post by Broz Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:10 am

It is something to see, all that wine in the cellars. Pretty neat! One of the families that owned a winery use to race, they had several cars , I am thinking it was Korbel or something but don't quote me on that one.

Jeff
Broz
Broz
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:20 am

Broz wrote:I don't sniff corks, but I use to race once a year in Sonoma , CA. Not too far from Napa valley. I have done the Vineyards tours and you will have a great time. Go ahead and stop off at the local Pub on the way home and get a Bud. It works well to remove the sour grape taste from you mouth.

Jeff

I'm sure it'll be the perfect thing.....I'll try and ignore the sideways glances from the snobby tourists!!!!
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Broz Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:42 pm

I don't sniff corks, but I use to race once a year in Sonoma , CA. Not too far from Napa valley. I have done the Vineyards tours and you will have a great time. Go ahead and stop off at the local Pub on the way home and get a Bud. It works well to remove the sour grape taste from you mouth.

Jeff
Broz
Broz
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Back from Delaware Empty Back from Delaware

Post by JB Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:29 pm

My wife came back from Delaware yesterday with additions to our wine collection. Right now we have 85 bottles on hand. Some are very nice wines for that "special" occasion and some are good wines to have during the week or to take and share at a nice BYOB. I also got a bottle of Balvenie 12 yr. Double Wood. It's aged for 6 years in a Spanish Oak cask and then finished for 6 years in a cask that once held sherry. This adds and incredible mellowness to the Scotch Whisky. Only single malt Scotch's for me Very Happy

By the way, did you know that you can get as into Scotch Whisky as you can wine? There are many, many factors that play into single malt Scotches.

We're heading to San Francisco in June for 10 days to tour the Napa Valley with another couple who recently moved there. I've never toured wine country so I'm really looking forward to it. The timing is good because my work project will be completed by then so I'll need a very nice break!

Last edited by JB on Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down