The Sporting Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Three Oiled Beauties

2 posters

Go down

My Three Oiled Beauties Empty Re: My Three Oiled Beauties

Post by JB Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:46 am

Thank you for the kind words. That is indeed my dilemma. The three of them are always next to each other and it's very difficult to decide which one, if any, should go down the road for something else. The Deluxe will keep evolving with more polishing and rubbing oil until it develops the same sheen that the Merkel has. The Deluxe really has dark wood with deep, intricate grain patterns.
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BigHorn WBY Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:51 pm

Just amazing. The transformation on the DeLuxe is astounding. I know we have discussed some sell off's but I believe with the 3 together it would be very tough to break them up.
BigHorn WBY
BigHorn WBY
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

My Three Oiled Beauties Empty My Three Oiled Beauties

Post by JB Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:56 am

The rifle on the left is my recently completed Mark V Deluxe project which involved stripping off the polyurethane coating, re-checkering the stock, and applying many layers of oil finish. The center rifle is my refinished Euromark that I acquired from BighornWby. The one on the right is my refinished Classicmark II that I bought from KingCobraTx.

The girls are all chambered in the .300 Weatherby.

My Three Oiled Beauties Dscn0215 My Three Oiled Beauties Dscn0216 My Three Oiled Beauties Dscn0217 My Three Oiled Beauties Dscn0218
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum