The Sporting Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swaro to Lieca Compairison

2 posters

Go down

Swaro to Lieca Compairison Empty Re: Swaro to Lieca Compairison

Post by Broz Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:49 am

Yes, I think the size thing is the big issue. Both readouts are red in mine and they seem to be equal. The scans are a little different to, but I can't decide which I like. With the swaro you a push and release the button and keep scanning, when it finds a reflective object it will read. The leica you need to hold the hard to push button.

I got them both tho range out to 1059 last night. Both are still agreeing or at least with in 1 yard. That was as far as I could get the swaro to range. The Leica did range farther 1100 was no problem in good conditions and I even seen 1215 once. So they both will do pretty much as advertised in good conditions.

Jeff
Broz
Broz
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:11 am

Great comparison Jeff and thanks for posting your results so far. I have the Leica CRF 1200 and really like it. I haven't had a chance to use the Swarovski in the field but I think the main reason I went with the Leica was the compact size and I liked the display a little better. The Swaro I looked at had an orange readout that wasn't as clear to me as the red display in the Leica.
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Swaro to Lieca Compairison Empty Swaro to Lieca Compairison

Post by Broz Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:19 pm

OK, I found a deal on a swaro and had it repaired. So now I can do a hands on with these two range finders. Now I will say, the Swaro is a RF1 from 1997 but was just cleaned and repaired by swaro.

First off here are the specs of both

Swaro Leica

weight 33 oz. 11.25 oz.

power 6X 7X

max range 1100 1200

First I tested them to see how they compared. I was pretty impressed. They were dead on and agreed up to 705 yards.

The swaro's buttoms are far easier to use, the Leica is hard to push and if you are holding it to scan you sometimes loose it as it as your finger relaxes.

The Leica will range as close as 11 yds and the Swaro 20.

The big difference is weight and size. The Leica is 1/3 the size and 1/3 the weight. Now again, this is an older Swaro so the newer ones may be much less.

This is as far as I can test from home. Next I want to test them at further range an see how it goes. I will add this later..

Jeff
Broz
Broz
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum