The Sporting Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Double Rifle..............someday

2 posters

Go down

My Double Rifle..............someday Empty Re: My Double Rifle..............someday

Post by BigHorn WBY Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:34 am

Well that tells you where your Merkel has appreciated to value wise. I like the Kreighoff and Rigby's as well, thou I have never seen a "plain" Rigby so as to study it, with out being distracted by the embellishment. I have not handled a Big bore VC but there small caliber rifles are a delight.

I have always liked the looks of the Westley Richards Double paired with a bolt. Say a 470 or 500 paired up with the King of Mediums, The .375H&H in a bolt. Beautiful flowing lines in a pair of exquiste rifles. Add a .300wby Accumark and a Blaser F-3 and never "need" another hunting gun.
BigHorn WBY
BigHorn WBY
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

My Double Rifle..............someday Empty Re: My Double Rifle..............someday

Post by JB Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:33 am

That's another great handling double. A few years ago I almost traded my Merkel for one at the G&H tent at the World Vintage Cup........almost. I like the Blaser, the Krieghoff, and the Verney Carron. If I had $25,000.00, I'd consider the Rigby.
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

My Double Rifle..............someday Empty My Double Rifle..............someday

Post by BigHorn WBY Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm

My Double Rifle..............someday Blaser10

This is a Blaser S-2 Luxus in .500NE. Not as "traditional" as some out there but a very exceptable rifle in a working mans price range. I like the Combi cocking lever and the Jager patent style action lock up. Should last forever without need of repinning. I like the sight arrangement on these best of any double I have handled. All have a "rib" that allows for easy, on/off, scope mounting.

At least it would do until I could get a Westley Richards.............................
BigHorn WBY
BigHorn WBY
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down