The Sporting Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20th Wedding Anniversary evening out.

2 posters

Go down

20th Wedding Anniversary evening out. Empty Re: 20th Wedding Anniversary evening out.

Post by BigHorn WBY Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:16 pm

Thank you, I am a closet writer/socialite. There is a possiblility that under this thick crust of a gap toothed white trash Pa. born hick that there is a noble air of sophistication. I am sure I can prove otherwise but for now it looks so. I was once called a renaissance man, before I knew what that meant, and was put off by that. Today I know better and while modesty doesn't allow to accept a compliment, I would indeed like to be thought of as a Renaissance Man.
BigHorn WBY
BigHorn WBY
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

20th Wedding Anniversary evening out. Empty Re: 20th Wedding Anniversary evening out.

Post by JB Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:46 am

A very well written review! Good show!! My mouth was watering as I read the lusty description! You and I are both back-breaking farm boys who can step up to the plate in any social arena!! Very Happy

Congratulations again to you and your lovely bride on a momentous 25 year Anniversary!!!

I look forward to all of the social and culinary delights that the Equality State has to offer!
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

20th Wedding Anniversary evening out. Empty 20th Wedding Anniversary evening out.

Post by BigHorn WBY Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:58 pm

As those that know this is not the area of high dining experiences. There are some very nice places in Casper that make the grade and over in Cody as well, but in our corner of the state it is limited. That said we had a very pleasant dining adventure at the Wyoming Culinary Institute. When you guys are here for Antelope we will imbided as well. In a steak and salad area this is a oasis.

We started with a appetizer of Wild Mushroom Brioches, french style bread with a wild mushroom filing. The bread was very "french" but constructed as a wonderful country biscuit. Certainly had the tooth of a french rusk but with that comforting crumbly drop biscuit consistency. The wild mushrooms (morels I believe) where diced and sautee' in a fairly rich brown gravy. All told very nice and a huge portion for a appet'

For our main I had there Blackberry Grilled Chicken while the bride had Coconut crusted Prawns in a Orange-Mango Chutney. Both where taken with vegetables and rice, mine a mixed veggie and long grain while my stunning wifes where Asparagus and Jasmine rice.
The chicken dish was nice, the chutney devine, the service very good, but the actual bare Prawn, under all the facade, the prawn was as good as I have had on any coast. I know seafood and this was fresh yesterday, had to be, it was that good. In Sheridan Wyoming. That takes commitment.

For a finish I of course had Coffee and for the sweet I had Chocolate Creme' Brulee with Cherie having Lemon Chiboust. I have a dear friend in Troy Montana who makes the very best Chreme' Brulee. That said without her knowing this is on par. The Chilboust is a sweet that I am not familar with. Again a wonderful dessert that retains the wonderful tart of the lemon, just great. So nice and so rich neither where finished to there entirety.

Like Africa, a great meal should be finished wanting just a bit more.
BigHorn WBY
BigHorn WBY
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum