The Sporting Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark V .338 Lapua

3 posters

Go down

Mark V .338 Lapua Empty Re: Mark V .338 Lapua

Post by KingCobraTX Thu May 15, 2008 9:44 am

A .460 is always needed...you never know when a herd of cape buffalo/elephant/rhino may come wandering through the yard Shocked Laughing My motto is...you can never be "overgunned" Very Happy
KingCobraTX
KingCobraTX
Admin

https://sportinglife.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Broz Thu May 15, 2008 9:26 am

Very Happy Funny stuff. A rifle like this is not something I probably need, kinda like a 460.. Laughing But I have always been interested in long shots. I think that is why the Western states apeal to me so much. Maybe this project is just ocupying my mind while I live and work her so I can retire out west. By then I will not be able to hike and crawl in on game and my bipod will be replaced with a swivle mirror out the truck window. That is when this rifle will shine.. Twisted Evil
Broz
Broz
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Thu May 15, 2008 9:06 am

We are bringing CR. Cory and I need a backstop when we sight in our rifles. Place the crosshairs on his big beak at 200 yards and the bullet should hit somewhere on that big forehead. CR would never go on a trip like that anyway. How the hell would he maintain the creases in his new slacks while crawling around on the prairie? Very Happy All the hunting he does is done from his Archie Bunker recliner.
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Broz Thu May 15, 2008 8:31 am

Yeah, go ahead I knew it was coming.... So you two did invite CR to take my place on the hunt..... I knew he was out to get me and you guys were behind him all along. Are the three of you sleeping in the same room too??? king
Broz
Broz
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingCobraTX Thu May 15, 2008 8:02 am

ROFLMAO....I was gonna say something like that in my reply, but couldn't come up with the right words Laughing Laughing
KingCobraTX
KingCobraTX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Thu May 15, 2008 7:53 am

Congrats Jeff!! I know you've been mentally putting one together for a long time and I'm glad you found a combination you can be happy with. The weight of the gun will make it recoil in the neighborhood of a .270 Win, if even that. How long until you get it? Post pics when you do. I've looked at rifles like the Sako TRG and the Weatherby TRR but have shyed away. At one time I was hell-bent on getting a .50 BMG. I guess you won't be joining us in Wyoming this year. With that gun and satellite imaging, combined with computer technology, you can spot an antelope and take the shot from the comfort of your lake front home Very Happy I'll drop your meat off on my way back to PA!
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingCobraTX Thu May 15, 2008 12:17 am

Jeff,

Sounds like an interesting project....Be interesting to see how it works out Very Happy
KingCobraTX
KingCobraTX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mark V .338 Lapua Empty Mark V .338 Lapua

Post by Broz Wed May 14, 2008 10:15 pm

Well I bought the .338 from TGRMAN. I have been kicking around a .338 for about a year. At first I was afraid the Lapua would be little whimpy. I want to shoot 300 gr SMK's and all indications are it will push them to 2800 + muzzle velocity with ease. That will keep the bullet supersonic out to 2000 yards. So here is what I am getting.

Stainless Mark V action trued, lapped, trigger worked over ect.

27 1/2" Lija stainless barrel, fluted, #8 contour with a brake the same dia. chambered in .338 Lapua

Mcmillian A-5 stock in Olive , black and gray marble.

5.5 x 22 x 50 Nightforce NSF with MLR illuminated reticle.

Nightforce rings and a Near 20 MOA base.

It will be tested and comes with an accuracy guarantee. Drop chart and I will have a program for a hand held PDA.

I don't think this rifle will change the way I hunt, but I cant really say till I try it on. Most likely I will use it for target shooting and varmit hunting. We will see?? Just wanted to share the info with you guys.

Jeff
Broz
Broz
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum