The Sporting Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patrick McManus - A true outdoor humorist

3 posters

Go down

Patrick McManus - A true outdoor humorist Empty Re: Patrick McManus - A true outdoor humorist

Post by JB Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:51 am

I have one of his books and was a devoted reader of his stuff and couldn't wait until the next issue of Outdoor Life was released. I always found something familiar in every story he wrote. To this day, I accuse my uncle of being a "Rancid Crabtree". Here's an example of one of our wild exploits.... trying running down coyotes on an ATV while balancing a rifle then skidding to a stop while leaning the rifle across the seat and firing at the running vermin!! Sometime the coyote would stop and look back almost to say, "WTF?"!!
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Patrick McManus - A true outdoor humorist Empty Re: Patrick McManus - A true outdoor humorist

Post by BigHorn WBY Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:10 pm

Dad's favorite. Pat is indeed a great read, his ability to make us remember our exploits when just kids is some of my favorites.
BigHorn WBY
BigHorn WBY
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Patrick McManus - A true outdoor humorist Empty Patrick McManus - A true outdoor humorist

Post by KingCobraTX Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:12 am

I'm sure all of you have heard or read his books. I'm on my second or third go around of reading his books. For one reason or another, I think we can all find similarities between his adventures and our some of our own Laughing

If any of you haven't read his stuff, I'd be happy to forward on a couple of his books.
KingCobraTX
KingCobraTX
Admin

https://sportinglife.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum