The Sporting Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trijicon Accupoint

2 posters

Go down

Trijicon Accupoint Empty Re: Trijicon Accupoint

Post by BigHorn WBY Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:05 am

Hey JB,

After my first post I actually went and looked for some usable information, a bit in reverse, I apologize. Especially in regards to the reticle choices.

I was going to assume the glass is from Japan, can be very good. If it is indeed the same glass that is in a NXS then there is no worries there. Awesome clarity and light transmission. I can state I have seen there turret adjustments are indeed very good.

After looking at there web sight, The 1.25-4x24mm has a bell on the objective end, so check it with the rifle in hand to make sure the tube length is long enough for the .416. I am intrigued I may haveo to lok into this a bit more. A certain .375....................
BigHorn WBY
BigHorn WBY
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:08 am

I did more internet research..........

and found mostly very, very high remarks regarding this scope. The glass is made in Japan by Light Optics Works (LOW) which is the same factory that makes glass for Nightforce and high end Bushnell 4200 and 6500 scopes. People really seem to like this scope for "fighting" guns and for dangerous game and apparently it can take all of the abuse you can give it. I found users who have the Accupoint scope on everything from .223s, to .257 Weatherbys, to .378 Weatherbys, to a CZ 550 in 505 Gibbs. They say the glass is as good or better than the Conquests and the adjustmets are right on. Other reticles are available if the post and dot is not appealing to you. The scope also has a tritium optic fiber that continues to illuminate the dot even with little to no light. The manufacturere warrants the tritium fiber for 15 years. The tritium fiber is totally independent of the functionality of the illuminated post device. If you don't want to use the illuminated post and dot during a hunt, it can be dimmed or turned off.

I haven't seen this scope myself but the scope and comments make it worth investigating.
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:51 am

Boddington prides himself on not being a company whore but he certainly does recommend products he has tested and finds of high quality. Trijicon also makes other kinds of reticles like crosshairs with a center dot, and German post reticles. At least there's a choice available. I wonder who engineers the glass for them?
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BigHorn WBY Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:25 am

Boddington is very high on them, thou is paid buy the company. Not saying he can be bought as I think he is indeed straightforward but still real life is real life. I have seen 2 in use. One on a custom Encore in .375 H&H and another on a Savage combo 12ga/.223. Both have plenty of recoil. The .375 and the .223 are both MOA guns after a bunch of rounds, so I can assume they are more than tough enough.

My big ????? with them is can I or you get use to the reticle ?????
BigHorn WBY
BigHorn WBY
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Trijicon Accupoint Empty Trijicon Accupoint

Post by JB Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:45 pm

What do you guys think about the Trijicon scopes? I still haven't quite decided on what to put on the .416 but, from what I read, this scope is getting a lot of good publicity and high recommendations. The 1.25-4x24 looks especially interesting for a dangerous game rifle.

What do you think?
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum