The Sporting Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To do or not to do...Another project gun..

3 posters

Go down

To do or not to do...Another project gun.. Empty Re: To do or not to do...Another project gun..

Post by Broz Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:13 am

Yeah, I should probably rekindle my shotgun life. Heck I live just down the road from one of the biggest trap ranges in the world. But I just have this thing about rifles. We will see. Thanks for the input guys, it opens up new thought trails..

Jeff
Broz
Broz
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

To do or not to do...Another project gun.. Empty Re: To do or not to do...Another project gun..

Post by JB Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:51 am

My thought is you have enough rifles and probably more than you need to hunt anything in the world....all beautiful guns too.

Keep the $2,000 or so and apply it toward a really nice double. If you REALLY want to sell the Citori, that's even more money for the pot. If you buy another rifle, you'll shoot it awhile, look at it awhile, maybe sell it and lose a bit in doing so, and still end up spending money later for a double anyway.
JB
JB
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BigHorn WBY Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:03 am

You don't have a 240. Your 6/284 really has no bearing on the "need" part, awesome gun it is, it is not a WBY chambering or a Mark V.

A 220 was never in a Mark V action. Knowing what you have already a Laser .224 or .240 would make as much sense as anything. Or maybe a 375wby.
BigHorn WBY
BigHorn WBY
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

To do or not to do...Another project gun.. Empty To do or not to do...Another project gun..

Post by Broz Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:06 pm

Ok, Jeff from accurate Innovations called me and he has purchased this awesome piece of wood. Tons of burl. I have bought several stocks from them and he knows what I like. He will build me a beautiful weatherby stock with my choice of checkering, lazer panels, finish fine finished oil or glossy clear. Plus it would have one of their aluminum frames installed to make it shoot good. My first thought is find a 240 with good metal and do a custom 240. This could run into the $2000 plus range for the completed rifle.

Here are my concerns.

1: I have a 6mm/284 so I really don't need this?

2: What is the resale for a weatherby with a cloned stock, will knock em dead looks bring the price on sale day?

3: Should I just go with a real clone and make it a 220 rocket... You can't find them and that could help the resale??

4: Your thoughts??

Jeff
Broz
Broz
Founding Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down